Monday, July 4, 2011

the

"Who do you love" by the lads seems like an appropriate song to be typing to, it's the beat.

I swear I have to use spell-check after every sentence just so I don't appear as an illiterate, ignorant beure. I just did it right there, it didn't correct me on "beure" so maybe this blog shit is working out. Finally, something.

I'm starting to think that change is a good thing. I used to stupidly think that it was a bad thing, I feared it. Spending all day asleep in bed because you're terrifed of what the next day would bring: change.
Yet now, a new start; everything completely new, it seems appealing to me. The whole "not knowing anyone". Yeah, of course I'm going to be horribly lonely and miserable for the first 3 months, but think of what'll happen after that. I'll be the new, "semi-exotic" thing. (An Irish girl living in Scotland, come on there has to be some appeal...drinking the men under the table, the accent-ish, and...
... feck it what else is there? ) Ah, it'll work.
So how do I break this to my parents? Well, my mam. You know the whole "Oh, I'm so proud of you because you're in university, you'll do well in life, blah-de-blah-de-blah." We get it mam, all of us 21st century college educates get it.

Imagine, I'd live on Haggis, well Scraggie because I think it tastes better. (Even though when I did try to cook it, it turned into little fire work explosions in the pan. It was only later that my Scottish dad told me that the only way to cook Scraggie is to boil it in the bag, like that rice shit with the Finnish-French guy in the add.) I'd live on alcoholic Ginger beer. Carlsberg that's 1.69 per pint in Dalkeith. Kilts. Sporrans. Cockburn street. Fireball whiskey. Fried food and gingers...eugh, no wait, no, just no.

Ah, but I would miss the lads an awful lot though.




Maybe...I should flip a coin. Leave it to chance.
No one can give out to me for that now, can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment